I am always a bit bummed when it’s the last day of the month’s reveals by Newton’s Nook Designs. Were you able to check out the first three days of the reveal? Which one is your favorite so far? You have a chance to win each stamp set during release week so check out the details I have indicated at the end of this blog post. [Just a little important note: I know some of you had difficulties finding the comments section. If you would like to leave a comment to participate in the giveaway, the “comments section” will only be ever visible when a single post on Word Press is being viewed. Please click on this particular blog post and you will be able to leave a comment below. Thank you!]
For the last day of the reveals, the design team is showcasing the Newton’s Birdhouse stamp set and coordinating dies, with the Mother’s Day and Father’s Day minis tamp sets. Here’s what they look like:
Here’s my first card with the Newton’s Birdhouse stamp set:
Here’s how I made my card:
- stamp and color the image with Copic markers (or any coloring medium of your choice)
- die-cut the image using the coordinating dies.
- cut an A2 size of Bristol smooth white card stock and ink up the background with different distress oxide inks.
- die-cut the picket fence with some white card stock. Cut the picket fence to create two small ones.
- ink up another piece of some Bristol smooth white card stock using mowed lawn distress oxide inks.
- use the grass border die to die-cut this piece.
- use a stitched die to create the flying pattern for the bird.
- use the little dots from the Tranquil Tides stamp set to stamp onto the background.
- assembled the card.
Here’s a closer look:
I finished my design by adding some white dots on the birdhouse using my Sakura white gel pen.
For my second project, I created a one-layer card using the Mother’s Day mini stamp set and some images from the Cottage Garden stamp set, with some pastel-color inks.
I added glossy accents to the flower to give it a little shine and dimension. I love creating backgrounds using small stamp sets.
For my third project, I created another one-layer card using the Father’s Day stamp set and some images from the Tranquil Tides stamp set.
I really think the images on the Tranquil Tides stamp set went perfectly well with the Father’s Day mini stamp. I finished my design by adhering starfishes with some foam adhesive and adding glossy accents to the card.
That is all for this week! I hope you guys LOVE the projects that we’ve made for you using the new stamps, dies and stencils by Newton’s Nook Designs.
Would you like to win the “Newton’s Birdhouse” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday April 11th at 9pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, April 12th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter: