Love is in the air and I am busy creating Valentine’s Day Cards. What have you all been up to? If you haven’t seen the new release by Newton’s Nook Designs, y’all need to head on over there and check out all the new products, including the new Love & Meows Paper Pad.
I found a few card sketches while browsing on Pinterest so I thought I’d give it a try today. I don’t normally create sketch cards because mixing patterns is not my thing; but when you have a really cute pattern paper such as the Love & Meows Paper Pad, you can’t help but show it off!
Here’s how I made this card:
- Stamp the image from the Knead Kittens stamp set on some X-Press It Blending Card and color the image in with alcohol markers.
- Use the Knead Kittens coordinating die to cut the image.
- Cut some red card stock measuring 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 and adhere on an A2-size notecard.
- Cut a few pieces of pattern paper from the Love & Meows Paper Pad and adhere to the card.
- Use a scallop border from your collection and die-cut some dark pink card stock. [Designer tip: this will create a smooth transition between the patterns.]
- Die-cut a small stitched rectangle with some Neenah solar white card stock. Matt this piece on some dark pink card stock that matches the scallop border. Adhere this panel on the card front.
- Adhere the focal image on the card for added dimension.
- Stamp the sentiment with VersaFine Clair ink in Black
- Finish the card design by adding some heart enamel dots with liquid glue.
This card is easy, peasy! I may have to start making sketch cards more often since this took about less than 30 minutes, and it can easily be mass-produced! What do you think?
I hope I’ve given you some great inspiration today using the new products from the January release by Newton’s Nook Designs. The supplies I used are listed and linked below. Thanks for stopping by!