Hello KS fans! I’m back today sharing another Valentine’s inspiration, showcasing the Heart Donut Builder Dies, along with the For the Love of Donuts Stamp Set, Distressed Edge Nesting Slimline Dies and the Heartfelt Wishes Slimline Paper Pad. I am also excited to be on the Kat Scrappiness Blog.
Here’s how I made the card:
- Use the Heart Donuts Builder Dies and die-cut different colors of card stock.
- Create texture to the heart shaped-glaze by using an embossing folder and dry-emboss all of them.
- Assemble the donuts by adhering them with liquid glue.
- Use one of the heart dies and die-cut the sprinkles on some dark pink card stock.
- Adhere the sprinkles on the donuts with liquid glue.
- Die-cut the pattern paper from the Heartfelt Wishes Slimline Paper Pad. Adhere the same on some slimline card base measuring 8 1/2 by 7 (folded on the 7 inches side).
- Cut some Neenah solar white card stock measuring 8 1/2 by 3 1/2. Create the white frame by using the second biggest die from the Distressed Edge Nesting Slimline Dies.
- Add foam adhesive to all sides and adhere on the slimline card base for added dimension.
- Foam-mount the middle donut on the card and adhere the rest with liquid glue. [Designer tip: make sure you are not covering the frame]
- Before stamping the sentiments, use the Telescopic Embossing Powder Tool with Retractable Brushto get rid of static. I do this even when I don’t need to emboss my sentiments.
- Stamp the sentiments on the frame using the For the Love of Donuts Stamp Set with Black ink and stamp the little hearts with red and pink dye inks.
- Finish the card design by using the white gel pen and add some dots and stars to the donuts for added interest.
Who’s getting excited for Valentine’s Day?! Have you decorated yet? I hope you like my card today and got inspired. The supplies I used are listed and linked below. Thanks for stopping by today and happy crafting!