I have a very simple (watercolor background) birthday card today, featuring the Birthday Mice stamp set + coordinating dies along with the Frames & Flags Die Set and Circle Frames Die by Newton’s Nook Designs.
Lately, I have been inspired to create simple cards and this one below did not disappoint!
Here’s how I made this card:
- stamp the images on some Neenah Classic Crest Solar white card stock. It is really helpful if you have the Misti Stamping Tool to get a really nice impression of your stamped images.
- color the images in with alcohol markers (or any medium of your choice). I color mine with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.
- die-cut the image using the coordinating die with your die-cutting machine. Secure the dies by using Repositionable Tape so they don’t shift while die-cutting. In case you’re wondering, I use the Sizzix Big Shot Machine with Cutting Plates plus Magic Mat by Scrapbook.Com. [The Magic Mat is a self-healing mat and you can use it for a long time without having to buy new plates].
- create the background by simply using some flat watercolor brush and spread some water on some watercolor paper.
- start adding the colors doing a swiping motion back and forth. In case you’re wondering, I used Prima Pastel Dreams Watercolor.
- add some texture to the background by diluting some Aged Mahogany Distress Ink with water and add the splatters.
- leave the background panel to dry or use your heat gun if you can’t wait.
- die-cut the watercolor panel using the scallop die from the Frames & Flags Die Set and adhere on a top-folding white card base.
- adhere the focal image on the card.
- stamp the sentiment on the black circle die-cut with versamark ink and heat-embossed with the Heating Tool/Gun.
- finish the card design by using some white gel pen to add some dots for added texture and interest.
I hope you like this card today and got inspired. Below, you will find links to the supplies used to create this project. Where available, I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and inspiration. Thank you for stopping by, and have an amazing day!
One thought on “Have a Mice Birthday Card with Newton’s Nook”