Hello my crafty friends! Happy Friday! As I wait for my household effects to be shipped to the new house and dream about crafting again, I want to share this card that I made a few weeks ago mixing some new and old products by Pretty Pink Posh. This is also my entry for the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.
For my project today, I am showcasing the Winter Mug Dies, along with the Winter Foliage Dies, Pine Wreath Stamp Set (sentiment) Layered Winter Foliage Stencils, Scallop Frames Dies and one of my favorite older dies called Twine and Bows.
Here’s how I made this card:
- prepare the background by securing the stencil A from the Layered Winter Foliage Stencils with some Washi tape.
- using some blending brushes and dye ink, lightly blend the colors and repeat the process using Stencils B and C.
- adhere this panel on some red A2-size notecard.
- use the Winter Mug Dies and the Winter Foliage Dies to die-cut different colors of card stock using your die-cutting machine. Secure the dies by using Repositionable Tape so they don’t shift while die-cutting. In case you’re wondering, I use the Sizzix Big Shot Machine with Cutting Plates plus Magic Mat by Scrapbook.Com. [The Magic Mat is a self-healing mat and you can use it for a long time without having to buy new plates].
- die-cut the blue frame on some light blue card stock using the Scallop Frames Dies. Adhere this panel on the card with foam adhesive for added dimension.
- assemble the mug, candy canes, pinecones etc.
- use some light pink alcohol marker to color the marshmallows.
- adhere the die-cuts together and foam-mount on the card using two layers of foam adhesive. This will make sure that the mug stands out a bit from the background.
- stamp the sentiment on some red card stock using the word “joy” from the Pine Wreath Stamp Set.
- sprinkle some white embossing powder and heat set with the heating tool.
- adhere the sentiment with foam adhesive to finish the design.
I just love to mix and match some old and new stamps and dies to create this card. Here’s another look:
I hope you like this Christmas card today and got inspired. Below, you will find links to the supplies used to create this project(s). Where available, I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and inspiration. Thank you for stopping by, and have an amazing day!