Do you have a HUGE stash of 12×12 patterned paper that you got from a Michael’s sale and running out of ideas to use them all up? How about making a DIY Valentine’s Banner? With a few dies from Kat Scrappiness, Inc. you can make a collection of cute banners to display for any occasion and season.
I always LOVE decorating for Valentine’s Day but sometimes I just don’t have the time to go out and get a few decor. Since I have a lot of craft supplies, I figured I’d make my own banner today.
Here’s how I made this project:
- die-cut some patterned paper and plain pink card stock from your stash using the Stitched Scalloped Heart Dies. I did this 6 times. Kat Scrappiness has a lot of Valentine-themed dies so you can choose what you like.
- die-cut the letters “XO” twice using the Stitched Uppercase Alphabet dies.
- measure the counter and cut the twine.
- prepare your hot-glue gun and sticks and line them all up together with your twine.
- I have a few vase fillers that I purchased from Daiso a few years ago so I figured I’d add them to my project. I adhered the foam hearts first and added the die-cut hearts.
- make sure to use a silicone mat underneath so your project doesn’t stick on your table.
- adhere the letters “XO” on the pink heart.
- use some stickers to adhere on the other die-cuts. As I mentioned we are using our stash so go ahead and add them to your project.
- I placed my banner on the kitchen counter and added a few of my favorite decor and candles from Home Goods.
- light up the candles and enjoy your work!
Before I go, take advantage of this Valentine’s deal by Kat Scrappiness, Inc. Sale starts today and ends on the 7th. See graphic below for your coupon code:
I hope you like this project today and got inspired. Below, you will find links to the supplies used to create this project. Where available, I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and inspiration. Thank you for stopping by, and have an amazing day!