Hello and welcome back! I hope everyone’s doing well today! As we bid summer farewell, what could be more fitting than to start your week and get excited for Halloween!
This week, Newton’s Nook Designs is getting ready for Halloween with a fun Inspiration week! All week long, the NND Design Team will be sharing inspiration using some of our favorite Halloween products to get you in the mood for tricks and treats! Check out what I created today and don’t forget to check the NND Blog each day this week for more fun inspiration!
Last week, I shared this cute “Candy Corn” Halloween tag on my blog and my friend liked it so much that I had to re-create it this week. I am featuring the Fancy Edges Tag Die Set with the Trick or Treat Kittens stamp set and coordinating dies.
Before I start with the tag, I wanted to create this cute Witch’s Broom Pen to go with the treat! If you look closer, you will see the red glowing eyes that gives it a spooky effect! I thought this is really cute and will be a nice addition to the treat.
I cut a strip of baking paper. I used my specialty scissors to create the fringe and wrapped it around the bottom of the pen. I adhered the fringe with hot glue so it wouldn’t come off. I added a black bow at the bottom to finish the look. This pen can actually stand up on it’s own!
Next, I filled a small bag with some of my friend’s favorite candy bars and closed the top with some black curling ribbons. Last thing to do is to add a tag!
Step-by-Step Instructions for the Tag:
- Stamp the image using the Trick or Treat Kitten Stamp set on Bristol smooth white card stock and color the images in with Zig Clean Color real Brush Markers.
- Use coordinating die to die-cut the image.
- Create the Candy Corn Tag by die-cutting white, orange, yellow and black card stock using the Fancy Edges Tag Die Set. Adhere all pieces together with liquid glue.
- Stamp the sentiment on the tag with Black Onyx ink.
- Adhere the image on the tag with foam adhesive for added dimension.
- Attach the tag to the treat bag with some baker’s twine.
My friend and I love Halloween so much! Not only will she love the treats inside this treat bag but I’m sure she is also going to love the Witch’s Broom Pen. It can stand up and the eyes glow in the dark! Check out the photo below!
I hope you like my project today and got inspired! The supplies I used are listed and linked below. Don’t forget to visit the Halloween Products Category at Newton’s Nook Designs and get your favorites for creating some cute and spooky Halloween crafts!