I am so glad that you joined me today as I share yet another card from the March release by Newton’s Nook Designs. For this Mother’s Day card, I am showcasing the Best Mom Oval Stamp Set, along with the Oval Frame Die Set and the Basketweave 6×6 Stencil.
Here’s how I made this card:
- Prepare the background panel by cutting some pink card stock, measuring 5 1/4 x 4 inches.
- Use the Basketweave 6×6 stencil and Ranger Matte Texture Paste to add texture to the background. Spread the paste evenly using Therm-O-Web’s Stencil Pal. Set this panel aside to let it dry for about half an hour, then adhere on an A2-size notecard.
- Stamp the image from the Best Mom Oval Stamp Set on some Classic Crest Neenah Solar White Card Stock.
- Color the images in with Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers.
- Die-cut the colored image using the biggest scallop oval die from the Oval Frame Die Set.
- Use Cutter Bee Precision Snips to fussy-cut the middle portion of the colored image.
- Add foam-adhesive and foam-mount this panel on the card for added dimension.
- Stamp the sentiment on some black card stock with VersaMark ink and sprinkle some white embossing powder. Use heating tool to heat-set the sentiment.
- Use the Cutter Bee Precision Snips again to fussy-cut the image and adhere on the card front with liquid glue.
- Finish the card design by adding some KS Gold Pearl Mix for added texture.
I really love the texture behind the floral image on this card! I think this card is perfectly feminine and beautiful and I really LOVE how this turned out! I hope you like it too and got inspired! The supplies I used are listed and linked below. Thanks for stopping by today!