Hello and Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Did you see that Newton’s Nook Designs is having a retiring sale on their website? It’s time to make room for new products so they are retiring select designs! These designs are available at up to 40% off while supplies last so hurry and get your favorites before they’re gone for good!
All throughout this week, the NND Design Team will be sharing inspiration using some of our favorite products from the retiring list! Check out what I created today and don’t forget to check the NND Blog each day this week for more fun inspiration! Take advantage of this sale because there’s a TON of AMAZING products right now that you can purchase with a huge discount.
For my project today, I am showcasing the Happy Little Thoughts Stamp Set and Happy Little Thoughts Coordinating Dies. The background pattern paper is from the Love & Meows 6×6 Paper Pad that was die-cut using the scallop from the Frames & Flags Die Set.
Here’s how I made this card:
- stamp the images on some Neenah solar white card stock and color the images in with alcohol markers.
- die-cut the images using the coordinating dies.
- die-cut the background panel using the scallop die from the Frames & Flags Die Set and Love & Meows 6×6 Paper Pad. Matt this piece with some red card stock for a little dimension and adhere on an A2-size notecard.
- die-cut the small rectangle using the die from the Frames & Flags Die Set and Happy Little Thoughts Coordinating Dies.
- adhere some acetate sheet behind this panel and add foam adhesive to create the shaker well.
- in-lay the colored image on this panel with liquid glue.
- add some clear sequins with a few heart enamels as the shaker element and adhere this panel on the card front.
- stamp the sentiment on some black card stock with versamark ink and sprinkle with white embossing powder. Use heating tool to heat-set the sentiment.
- fussy-cut the sentiment with precision snips and adhere on the card.
- finish the design by adding the bow (die-cut using the bow die from the Baby Bib Die Set) with liquid glue.
I am super bummed that this stamp set is retiring. Don’t forget to check out all the Retiring Products Category by Newton’s Nook to see what is going away and grab your favorites now before they are gone for good! Here is a direct link to the retiring products page: http://bit.ly/NNDretiringProducts. The supplies I used are also listed and linked below. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my project!