Hello my crafty friends! It is Newton’s Nook Designs’ Annual Deck the Halls with Inky Paws blog hop. We have some very talented guest designers with us today so please hop along and check out their amazing projects. Celebrate with us and save $5 off every $30 you spend (up to $25 off) at newtonsnookdesigns.com
I have a small Christmas tree in my studio and since Christmas ornaments are not available here (overseas), I figured I’ll make my own. For my projects today, I am showcasing the Ornament Shaker Die Set with the Holiday Greetings Die Set.
Here’s how I made these ornaments:
- die-cut the ornaments and ornament tops with some silver and rose gold card stock. Since I needed 6 ornaments, I had to die-cut it a few times.
- die-cut the acetate sheets using the outer ornament die. Adhere the same with liquid glue.
- add foam adhesive to create the shaker well.
- use some chunky glitter as the shaker element. Adhere the other piece to close the shaker.
- die-cut the words “merry” and “bright” with some rose gold card stock. Adhere these words on the ornaments with liquid glue.
- adhere the ornament tops using liquid glue. Don’t forget to also adhere the ornament tops on the back side.
- use some silver ribbon to the ornament to hang them on the tree.
- decorate the Christmas tree!
We will be choosing two (2) lucky winners to win a $25 store credit for Newton’s Nook Designs online shop! To enter, just leave comments on the Design Team Member and Guest blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs in the blog hop. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Sunday, December 11th at 9 pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the NND blog on Monday, December 12th.
Maria Russell (you are here)