Hello Newton’s Nook fans! Have you seen the projects made by the design team for Retiring Products Feature week? Today, I am sharing another cute project using one of my favorites called Newton’s Picnic stamp set and coordinating die with the Woodland Picnic stamp set. I also used the Forest Scene Builder Die set and the Land Borders Die Set for the grass (not retiring, thank God!) to create my scene.
How I made this card:
- Stamp the image on some X-Press It Blending card and color the images in with alcohol markers. I colored the cat to look like my cat, Phoebe!
- Use the coordinating die to cut it out.
- Use a circle die to die-cut a window on some A2-size white panel.
- Adhere some blue card stock on an A2-size notecard and foam-mount the A2 panel on the card for added dimension.
- Die-cut the birch trees using the Forest Scene Builder die set and adhere on the card panel with liquid glue.
- To create the grass, I used the same circle die and the Land Borders Die Set. I ink-blended this panel with some distress ink and foam-mounted to the card.
- Adhere the focal image on the card with foam adhesive for dimension.
- Stamp the little “ants” with some black ink.
- Finish the card design by stamping the sentiment and adding some flowers for more texture and interest.
I hope you like my project today. Don’t forget to check out all the retiring products on the Newton’s Nook online store to get your favorites before they are gone for good. The supplies I used are listed and linked below. Thanks so much!