Hello my crafty friends and Happy New Year! I don’t know about you but I am so happy that 2021 is over and I cannot wait to see what 2022 brings! So far, it is a great start and I am super excited to say that I was asked to guest-design for the amazing, Reverse Confetti! Yay! I have been a HUGE fan of their products for a long time now and I am pleased to join the Countdown to Confetti Day 1. There is also a giveaway so read through the end of this post to find out how you can WIN.
For today’s reveal, we are showcasing the Love Bugs Stamp set and coordinating dies, along with the Valentine Sentiments and Big Heart Sentiments.
When I saw these stamp sets, I knew that I can use them all year-round. I was so excited and I didn’t know which stamp sets to use first. For my project below, I started with the Love Bugs stamp set and dies.
Here’s how I made this project:
- Stamp the images on some Express-it paper and color the images in with alcohol markers.
- Use the coordinating dies to cut them out.
- Die-cut some Bristol smooth white card stock stock using the Postal Cover Panel die. Cover the sides with masking tape.
- Ink-blend this panel with some Distress oxide ink and some clouds stencil. Use some distress ink and splatter some colors on the card stock. Pick-up the excess with some paper towel.
- Adhere the die-cut onto some red A2-size card base.
- Use the Layered Lots of Love die to die-cut the layers with some white and blue card stock. Adhere the same with liquid glue.
- Adhere the rest of the images on the card and finish design with glossy accents.
For my second project, I wanted to create a treat that will go with this card. The Love bugs are so cute I just couldn’t resist using it again.
I layered the hearts from the new die sets and adhered on the band with liquid glue. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Valentine Sentiments stamp set and heat-embossed with white embossing powder. I am so in-love with the new stamps and dies. Here’s another look:
I can’t wait to hop around and see what the other team members designed! Leave a comment by noon central on January 7th for a chance to win. There will be a $15 Gift Certificate for one blog commenter and also one FaceBook commenter. Make sure you pop over to the Reverse Confetti Blog for all the details!
Maria Russell (you are here)
15 thoughts on “COUNTDOWN TO CONFETTI – DAY 1”
Ahhhhh I LOVE those little bugs!
these are soooo cute!
Love your color combos! Super cute! TFS
Super cute designs!
These Love Bugs are sooo cute. I love your colors, too!
The bugs are so adorable! Love how you rainbow colored the dragonfly!
Those Love Bugs are so adorable!
Super cute projects!!! I especially LOVE your Chocolove wrapper!!! Chocolove is one of my husband’s absolute favorites!!!
Such a cute new release!!
Awesome card and treat wrapper! The bugs are so cute!
Very cute. I like the ink blending on the card.
Absolutely adorable and fun. I love the chocolate wrapper!
Fantastic projects. Love the little “scallops”
around the edge of the card. The treat
bag will be hard to open – don’t want to
destroy all the cuteness on it.
thanks for sharing
Love your card and the great reminder to use my craft supplies to decorate treats and favors!
So cute! Love the idea to decorate treats with our lovely crafty supplies!