Welcome to the Heffy Doodle and Newton’s Nook Designs Collaboration Blog Hop! Design Team members from both companies are sharing inspiration using products from both companies!
For my first card, I am showcasing the Yappy Happy Mail stamp set and Sending Heffy Cuts Die by Heffy Doodles, along with Newton’s Happy Mail Stamp Set and Dies, Clouds and Hills & Grass Stencil.
Here’s how I made my first card:
- Use the Clouds and Hills & Grass Stencil with distress inks and blending brushes to ink up a panel of some Neenah Solar White card stock. Make sure you alternate the colors between the cloud layers.
- Use a die from your collection to create the stitching line for the paper airplane for added texture.
- Adhere the panel on some A2-size notecard.
- Stamp the images on some Neenah solar white card stock and color the images in with alcohol markers.
- Use coordinating dies to cut them out.
- Ink-up some Strathmore Bristol Smooth white card stock with distress oxide inks to add some color, then use the Sending Heffy Cuts Die to cut out the word.
- Adhere the sentiment strip to the background panel.
- Stamp the Hugs & Kisses sentiment on some black card stock with Versamark ink and heat set with your heating tool. Cut and adhere this strip on the card.
- Adhere the colored images on the card with either liquid or foam adhesive for added dimension.
My second card below is fairly easy. I wanted to create my own pattern paper by using the envelope image from the Yappy Happy Mail stamp set.
Here’s how I made the second card:
- Use a die from your stash to die-cut a small panel of Neenah solar white card stock.
- Use your stamping block and adhere the envelope image from the Yappy Happy Mail stamp set.
- Stamp the images randomly onto the card stock with Memento Ink.
- Flip the envelope stamp on your block to use the solid part of the image and stamp some color using Spectrum Noir Oasis Quick Dry Dye Ink. Stamp the heart onto the envelope image with red ink.
- Fill-in the spots by stamping the paw prints with some Bubblegum ink.
- Matt the panel with some blue car Stock and adhere on a red A2-size notecard.
- Stamp the images from the Yappy Happy Mail, Just a Note and Sips & Stories stamp set.
- Use the coordinating dies to cut the images out.
- Use the third die from the Framework Die Set with some red card stock that matches the notecard.
- Adhere some Vellum onto this piece and foam-mount to the card for added dimension.
- Adhere the colored images with liquid glue.
- Finish the design by adhering some red heart enamel to the card and stamp the sentiment with black ink.
BLOG HOP DETAILS:
To be entered to win the giveaway, all you need to do is comment at each stop (link below) and hop along!
Newton’s Nook Designs will be giving away $35 Gift Code and Heffy Doodle will be giving away a £25 Gift Code to their respective stores! Be sure to comment before 11:59 PM EST on Dec 28th to be entered to win!
Each company will post their random winner on December 29th at 10AM EST! Make sure to check the Heffy Doodle Blog and Newton’s Nook Designs Blog to see if you’re a winner!
BLOG HOP LINEUP:
23 thoughts on “Heffy Doodle and Newton’s Nook Designs Collaboration Blog Hop”
Absolutely darling Maria! I love the happy mail background and darling pup!
Both cards are adorable! I love my pups!
Such adorable cards! I love the sweet dogs!
I love the envelopes, got to keep sending cards all though the year. Thank you.
Your backgrounds are stunning! These cards are so fabulous and the coloring is top notch – TFS
Both cards are darling! I love the beautiful sky you created
on the first card. And the design of both!
Your cards are super cute!!! I love the sky! So pretty. Wonderful collaboration
these cards are so very beautiful!
Adorable cards Maria…always love “Happy Mail”…
Oh, I love how you combined these stamps sets! Lovely cards! Happy holidays!
Your cards arff the best. Cute cards.
Welcome break from Christmas cards.
thanks for sharing.
Love them both!
Wonderful to see the dogs getting into the scene of wonderful coloring also.
Both of your cards are wonderful!
My favorite is the one with the cute kitty and puppies, bright , cheery colors!
Wonderful cards. What a great hop!
These are great scenes! Love the pink and yellow sky!
These cards are adorable! Love them!
Love the background of the second card and the woosh of the paper airplane on the first. All around fabulouse cards!
Very creative and colorful cards!
Very fun cards! I love the designs and the way you colored them!
I just sent out Newton mailing a letter holiday cards last week. Your background is way prettier than mine was though.
You are very creative and love your coloring!
Ou guys these skies and backgrounds are spectacular. The pup is precious and such a playful card is perfect! Love the color choices.