Hello my crafty friends! Thanks for stopping by the blog today and I am also glad to be featured on the Newton’s Nook Blog. Today, I am sharing this simple holiday card, showcasing the Newton’s Stocking stamp set and coordinating dies, along with the Meowy Christmas Paper Pad, Argyle Stencil Set and the Pines and Holly Die Set.
I love the simplicity of this card, especially having this white Argyle pattern image on some kraft card stock. Here’s how I made the card:
- Cut an A2-size panel of Neenah kraft card stock and place it on top of the Make Art Stay-tion Magnetic Tool.
- Use Argyle Stencil #1 and secure it with the magnets. This will prevent it from slipping!
- Use some Snowy White Pigment Ink and mini blending brush to add the first layer.
- Remove the Argyle Stencil #1 and use Heating Tool to heat-set the ink so that it doesn’t smear on your kraft card stock.
- Place Argyle Stencil #2 and secure it with magnets again.
- Using a palette knife and Ranger White Texture Paste, apply the paste evenly on the kraft panel. Leave this panel to dry for about half an hour.
- Stamp the images and use coordinating die to cut them out.
- Stamp the same image on the Meowy Christmas Paper and fussy-cut using precision snips. Adhere the same on the image using liquid glue.
- Die-cut the white band using a die from my collection. Foam-mount the white band on the kraft panel for added dimension.
- Adhere the background panel on an A-2 size notecard.
- Add the focal images using tape runner.
- Die-cut the holly leaves on some Glittered Card Stock using the Pines & Holly Die Set and adhere with liquid glue.
- Add some Ruby Red Rhinestone Jewels on the card with liquid glue.
- Finish the design by adding Stardust Stickles to the image.
The argyle pattern on this kraft card stock really stood out but it didn’t overwhelm the design, don’t you think?! I really LOVE how this turned out and I hope you feel the same! The supplies I used are listed and linked below. Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!