Hello everyone! It’s Maria back on the blog with you today with another card, showcasing the Tin Roof Cover Die and the Big Hope Fri-Die.
This type of card is never easy to make. A friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago and she is currently going through some chemo treatment. She’s doing really well (thank the Lord above)! I will be sending her a gift and so I created this card to go along with it.
This card is really simple to make and I didn’t even do any stamping. I started by die-cutting the Tin Roof Cover Die with a 110 lb. white card stock. I also die-cut the word “hope” and set both aside as I worked on my background.
I ink-blended an A2 size Bristol Smooth white card stock with Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick using a sunburst stencil. I know you can hardly see the inside but it is a sun-ray. I figured the significance of this would have a huge impact since there’s always light at the end of the tunnel, and she is almost there!
I die-cut a frame die and adhered my Tin Roof die-cut behind the frame. I wanted to create a shaker card and needed the frame to cover the foam tape. I also adhered the acetate sheet to keep the shaker elements intact.
I used some light pink and crystal sequins mix with sparkling stars for my shaker element. This card is so pretty in real life.
To finish my design, I ink-blended the “hope” die-cut with the same distress oxide ink that I used for the background and layered it with some dark gray card stock to add some texture and dimension. Here’s a closer look:
I hope you like my project today. Please visit CAS-ual Fridays Stamps to purchase the stamp and dies that I featured today. Don’t forget to use my coupon code “MARIASENTME” for 15% off your order. Happy stamping!
Hello CAS-ual Fridays fans! Maria here on the blog with you today. I am so sad to say that this is going to be my last post as a member of the Ink squad. Being on this team has made me a better designer and having Michele Gross as our lady boss, wow! I can’t even stop the tears as I’m writing this. Michele is the best ever and the girls on this team are simply sweet and amazing! I could never ask for a better team! Sadly, my schedule has gone a bit awry but I will continue to promote CAS-ual Fridays and if you follow my blog or instagram, you will still see these projects.
For my project today, I am showcasing my favorite dies from the March release. I used the Tin Roof Cover Fri-Die and the Sweet Friend Fri-Dies.
Here’s my card:
How I made the card:
- die-cut the Tin Roof Cover Fri-Die with some 110 lb smooth white card stock. also die-cut a frame die from my stash with to layer this together.
- adhere acetate sheet with using strong adhesive to create the window for the shaker.
- add some foam adhesive and add sequin mix for the shaker element.
- close the shaker card by adding patterned paper with strong adhesive.
- die-cut the “Hello” from the Sweet Friend Fri-dies on some black card stock.
- run this piece through a sticker maker and adhere the same on the foreground.
- stamp the sentiment from the Supercalifragilistic stamp set on some vellum with Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat emboss using clear embossing powder. Adhere this piece around the card and secure with tape on the back.
- adhere this shaker piece on an A2 side folding card base.
Here’s a closer look:
To finish my design, I used my Sakura white gel pen to add some lines and dots to the “Hello” sentiment.
I hope you like my card and got inspired to create something beautiful today! Please don’t forget to use my coupon code “MARIASENTME” for 15% off your order. I hope you have an amazing day, and happy crafting!