Hello my crafty friends! I have a “just-because” card to share today, featuring the Love & Chocolate Stamp Set & coordinating dies, along with the Starfield Stencil and Frames & Flags Die Set by Newton’s Nook Designs.
This card will also be perfect for Valentine’s Day. Since this occasion is fast-approaching, you may want to make a few of these cards to give to your friends!
Here’s how I made this card:
- stamp the images on some Neenah Classic Crest Solar white card stock. It is really helpful if you have the Misti Stamping Tool to get a really nice impression of your stamped images.
- color the images in with alcohol markers (or any medium of your choice). I color mine with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers and Copic markers.
- die-cut the image(s) using the coordinating die(s) with your die-cutting machine. Secure the dies by using Repositionable Tape so they don’t shift while die-cutting. In case you’re wondering, I use the Sizzix Big Shot Machine with Cutting Plates plus Magic Mat by Scrapbook.Com. [The Magic Mat is a self-healing mat and you can use it for a long time without having to buy new plates].
- cut some pattern paper using the Love & Chocolate Paper Pad that compliments the color of the stamp images and adhere on some A2-size card stock.
- cut two strips of dark pink card stock and adhere on the card with liquid glue.
- cover this portion with some masking tape and use the Starfield Stencil and glitter texture paste to add texture to the card panel. leave this panel to dry and adhere on some A2-size notecard.
- adhere the focal images with foam adhesive for added dimension.
- die-cut the sentiment strip using the Frames & Flags Die Set and stamped the sentiment with some Versamark ink. Sprinkle some white embossing powder and heat-set with the heating tool.
- finish the card design by adhering the sentiment strip with foam adhesive and use some white gel pen to add some lines & dots for added interest.
I hope you like this card today and got inspired. Below, you will find links to the supplies used to create this project(s). Where available, I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and inspiration. Thank you for stopping by, and have an amazing day!
One thought on “You Make Life Sweeter with Newton’s Nook Designs”
Oh, my goodness! As a French teacher, I hear this set calling out to me. Les macarons sont délicieux! Great job and I’m loving this set!
Lori S in PA