Hello and welcome back! I am so glad you joined me today!
Today is all about Candy Corns! As soon as I saw this stencil set from the August release, this card idea already popped in my head. Isn’t is strange that you sometimes get ideas right away?! Most of the times, I have to look at my previous card designs to get some inspiration (or if I’m feeling more adventurous, I’d look at Pinterest).
For my project, I am showcasing the Candy Corn 6×6 Stencil Set, along with the Candy Corn Stamp Set and Dies with the Fancy Edges Tag Die Set.
Step by Step Instruction:
- Use Pixie Spray to temporarily adhere Candy Corn Stencil # 1 on some Neenah Solar White card stock.
- Use some detailed blending brushes with Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink and blend until you get a nice vibrant color. Let this dry for a few minutes.
- Repeat process and use Candy Corn Stencil #2 using Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide Ink.
- Repeat the process above but this time, use Deco Foil Transfer Gel Blanco to make it stand out. Smooth the gel out by using the Stencil Pal. Let this dry for about half an hour.
- Stamp images on some Neenah solar white card stock and color the images in with alcohol markers.
- Die-cut the images with Candy Corn coordinating die.
- Cut some vellum measuring 2 1/2 by 5 1/2 and adhere to the card background with tape runner. Designer note: make sure you hide the adhesive so that it doesn’t show up.
- Adhere this background on an A2-size notecard.
- Die-cut some white, yellow, orange and black card stock using the Fancy Edges Tag Die Set (a must-have for any paper crafter since there are so many possibilities using this set). Adhere with liquid glue.
- Use some black and white Baker’s Twine and add to the tag.
- Add some foam-tape to the back of the tag and adhere on the card.
- Adhere the Candy Corn images with liquid glue.
- Finish the design by stamping the sentiment using yellow, orange and black ink.
It always puts me in a great mood when I see bags of candy corn at the grocery store. It just reminds me of all the great holidays coming up, especially HALLOWEEN (my favorite holiday)!
I hope you enjoyed this inspiration today. The supplies I used are listed and linked below. Thank you again for joining me, and happy crafting!