I have a really cute card to share with you today that is so simple to make that you can ass-produce to send to your friends. For the project below, I am showcasing the new Birdhouse Greeting Stamp Set & Dies with the Smitten Kitten Stamp Set & Coordinating Dies by Newton’s Nook Designs.
Here’s how I made this card:
- stamp the images on some Neenah Classic Crest Solar white card stock. It is really helpful if you have the Misti Stamping Tool to get a really nice impression of your stamped images.
- color the images in with alcohol markers (or any medium of your choice). I color mine with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.
- die-cut the image(s) using the coordinating die(s) with your die-cutting machine. Secure the dies by using Repositionable Tape so they don’t shift while die-cutting. In case you’re wondering, I use the Sizzix Big Shot Machine with Cutting Plates plus Magic Mat by Scrapbook.Com. [The Magic Mat is a self-healing mat and you can use it for a long time without having to buy new plates].
- trim a panel of some Bristol Smooth White Card Stock measuring 4 x 5 1/4. Ink-blend this panel with some Distress Ink in Mustard Seed, Kitsch Flamingo and Shaded Lilac with blending brushes.
- for added texture, add some splashes of color on this panel using Aged Mahogany Distress Ink with a watercolor brush.
- keep blending the colors together until you achieve a smooth transition between the colors.
- adhere this panel with Scrapook.Com’s 1/8 Inch. Double Side Tape.
- create the grass border by using the Land Border Dies with some textured green card stock and adhere this panel on the card front.
- add the images on the focal panel with liquid glue.
- stamp the sentiment with some Versafine Claire Nocturne Ink to finish the design.
I hope you like this card today and got inspired. The supplies I used are highlighted and linked within the context of this blog post. Where available, I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and inspiration. Thank you for stopping by, and have an amazing day!