Hello everyone! I’m sharing two projects today, showcasing the #Ukraine Strong Stamp Set and Coordinating Dies, along with the Condensed Lowercase Alpha Die Set, Layered Bubbles Stencil Set and Transparent Heart Droplets.
I know that #Ukraine Strong Stamp Set was originally made to support Ukraine (and all profits will be donated to the Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund. ) However, I am here to show you that you can stretch your stamps and use it for a different purpose.
I made these projects to support my sister who was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma in March this year. She went through chemo treatments (I cannot even tell you how hard it really was to see her go through it) and after her PETScan this month, the doctors told us that the chemo worked successfully. Even though she is not out of the woods yet and will still go through a few radiation treatments, we are so happy with this news.
The purple ribbon represents all types of cancer so this blog post is dedicated not only to my sister (Maria Pilar), but to all people who are either going through treatments or have survived this nasty disease.
For my first project, I decided to make this “Hope” candle. In my sister’s case, it just goes to show you that there is always HOPE at the end of the tunnel, and the power of prayer is really STRONG! You just need to believe that you can do it, and have faith in God to work his mysterious ways!
Here’s how I made this project:
- stamp the images on some Neenah solar white card stock with two shades of purple ink using your Misti Stamping Tool.
- die-cut the images using the Coordinating Die.
- die-cut the letters “h, p, e” using the Lowercase Alpha Die Set on some light purple vinyl sheet.
- adhere the purple ribbon and the vinyl letters on some medium white votive candle.
- finish the design by adding some Transparent Heart Droplet with liquid glue.
My next project is the matching card to go with this candle.
- as mentioned above, I stamped and die-cut the purple ribbon.
- die-cut the letters “h, p, e” using the Lowercase Alpha Die Set on some light purple card stock.
- prepare the background by foiling some A2 Frames Toner Background using Deco-Foil Transfer Sheet in Enchanted Rose.
- add some interest to this background panel by using the Layered Bubbles Stencil Set and some Stencil & Ink Blending Brushes.
- adhere this panel on some dark purple note card.
- foam-mount the purple ribbon and the letters to the card for added dimension.
- finish the card design by adding some the Transparent Heart Droplets with liquid glue.
I hope you like these projects and got inspired. Below, you will find links to the supplies used to create these projects. Where available, I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and inspiration. Thank you for stopping by, and have an amazing day!