Hello Newton’s Nook fans! I hope you all had a great holiday with your loved ones! I sure enjoyed having spent Christmas and New Year’s with my family. Quality time with my husband and children is one of the things I cherish that nurtures my soul. I needed a break from all of my DT responsibilities and so grateful that I got to do it this year.
One of my friends was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and she is currently going through chemo. Thank God they were able to detect it at an early stage. However, going through chemo is taking its toll on her tiny frame that she is starting to feel really depressed. I wanted to cheer her up by creating this card today, showcasing the Newton’s Support stamp set.
I started by creating my own mask by die-cutting a circle on some 110 lb card stock with my circle die. I used washi tape to temporarily adhere this piece on some Bristol smooth white card stock. I used my blending brush and Worn Lipstick distress oxide ink to ink up my card stock. I splattered some water on the card stock and dabbed it with my paper towel to dry.
I stamped my image on some Neenah solar white card stock and colored the image with my alcohol markers. Since this set didn’t have a coordinating die, I used my cutter-bee scissors to fussy-cut the image. I also die-cut the “big hugs” circle twice, using a die from my stash and adhered them together with some liquid adhesive.
I adhered the ink-blended background on some pink card base and also adhered the “big hugs” die-cut with some liquid adhesive. I foam-mounted my colored image in the middle of the circle. Lastly, I stamped my sentiment using Versafine Onyx black ink. Here’s what it looks like:
My friend also LOVES cats so this stamp set is perfect to use for my card today. Here’s a closer look:
I hope you like my card today. The supplies I used are listed and linked below. Thank you so much for stopping by today and happy stamping!
Hello everyone! It’s Maria back on the blog with you today with another card, showcasing the Tin Roof Cover Die and the Big Hope Fri-Die.
This type of card is never easy to make. A friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago and she is currently going through some chemo treatment. She’s doing really well (thank the Lord above)! I will be sending her a gift and so I created this card to go along with it.
This card is really simple to make and I didn’t even do any stamping. I started by die-cutting the Tin Roof Cover Die with a 110 lb. white card stock. I also die-cut the word “hope” and set both aside as I worked on my background.
I ink-blended an A2 size Bristol Smooth white card stock with Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick using a sunburst stencil. I know you can hardly see the inside but it is a sun-ray. I figured the significance of this would have a huge impact since there’s always light at the end of the tunnel, and she is almost there!
I die-cut a frame die and adhered my Tin Roof die-cut behind the frame. I wanted to create a shaker card and needed the frame to cover the foam tape. I also adhered the acetate sheet to keep the shaker elements intact.
I used some light pink and crystal sequins mix with sparkling stars for my shaker element. This card is so pretty in real life.
To finish my design, I ink-blended the “hope” die-cut with the same distress oxide ink that I used for the background and layered it with some dark gray card stock to add some texture and dimension. Here’s a closer look:
I hope you like my project today. Please visit CAS-ual Fridays Stamps to purchase the stamp and dies that I featured today. Don’t forget to use my coupon code “MARIASENTME” for 15% off your order. Happy stamping!
Hello stampers and crafters! I am back today to share a card that I have made for the Kat Scrappiness and Newton’s Nook Breast Cancer Awareness Card challenge. The only requirement to join the challenge is to create a card with an encouraging/supportive message.
I started out by stamping the feathers using my Virginia Turtle stamp set called “Radiate Positivity” onto vellum card stock using my Versamark Ink. I then used my white embossing powder and heat-set the image. I used my precision scissors to fuzzy-cut the image and set it aside.
I die-cut my card panel using my scallop border die from Lawn Fawn and my peek-a-boo scallop die from MFT Stamps. I covered the window with some clear acetate and used my scotch foam adhesive to create my shaker panel. At this point, I used my stampoholic nano to stamp my sentiment on the front panel.
I wanted to use soft colors for my card and decided to use a mixture of 3 gorgeous sequins and confetti mix from Kat Scrappiness (6 mm powder pink, crystal clear flower blossom and pink flamingo confetti mix). I then adhered my shaker panel to my card base.
I finished the design by adhering the vellum feathers on the top of my peek-a-boo shaker window, and topped-it off with my pink ribbon, and also added some white diamond sequins to the front of the card.
I hope you like what I created. Here is the photo of the challenge in case you would like to participate and win some prizes.
Please don’t forget to use the coupon code “BCA2016” for 10% off your order at http://www.katscrappiness.com. This coupon code is valid from October 17 to 21, 2016.
Supplies I have used: