Welcome to the C.C Designs Crazy Critters February Social Media Hop! Hop along for your chance to WIN 1 of 2 $15 G.C to the store! We will pull one comment from CC Designs Instagram Account and one from the collective blog comments from each design team member’s blog. We are celebrating the arrival of 3 NEW Critter stamp sets in the C.C Designs Store. The Design Team has been giving you previews all week and now we are sharing our BEST inspirations for release day to encourage you to shop and create with CC Designs.
For my critter today, I am showcasing the adorable Oxolotl stamp set and coordinating dies.
I have to admit, I didn’t have any idea what this cute critter look like in real life so for coloring purposes, I did a little Google search. This cute critter is called the Peter Pan of Salamanders and is racing for extinction. So sad! Here’s what it looks like:
Here’s how I made the card:
- stamp the images on some X-press It card stock and color the images in with alcohol markers
- use coordinating dies to cut them out.
- ink-blend an A2-size panel of Strathmore Bristol smooth white card stock with distress oxide inks in Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina and Vintage Photo.
- cut out some plastic packaging and add tape on all four sides.
- adhere 3 of them to the ink-blended panel and add some confetti sequins as the shaker element, then close the top. This created a flat shaker card.
- adhere the flat shaker onto an A2-size notecard.
- use a die from your stash to create the water scene. I colored some of the die-cuts with alcohol markers.
- adhere on the front panel with glue.
- add the cute critters on the card.
- finish the design by adding the sentiment.
Here is the full line up on Instagram. You can leave comments there too:
Maria Russell (that’s me!)
To enter the giveaway:
1. Subscribe to the Design Team Blogs, Instagram, & YouTube Channels
2. Leave a Comment
3. Tag your friends for bonus entries.
Entries will be accepted until Wednesday, February 9th. Winners will be announced on the C.C Designs Blog and FB Page on Friday February 11th.