Hello and welcome to the release hop. We are so excited for you to join us as we present to you our June release. The whole design team will be sharing projects featuring the By the Shore and Mermaid Hair stamp set. We also have a GIVEAWAY so please be sure to scroll at the end of this blog post to find out how you can WIN. Don’t forget to visit the participating blogs (links are indicated below) and leave us some crafty love.
Here’s is my first card:
- stamp the images on some Neenah classic crest solar white card stock and color the images in with alcohol markers (or any medium of your choice).
- die-cut the image using Brother Scan N Cut 2
- use a die from my stash to die-cut the Coral and seaweeds from colored card stock.
- use distress oxide inks to ink up the die-cut.
- spray the colored panel with some water using the distress sprayer and dab it dry with paper towel.
- use the waves stencil on the colored background.
- die-cut the two white panel using the fancy scalloped border dies.
- adhere the colored background on an A2 size card base, and adhere the rest of the die-cut elements.
- adhere the fancy scalloped die-cut white panel using foam adhesive.
- adhere the mermaid image using foam adhesive.
- use stardust stickles to add some glitter on the mermaid’s hair and the bubbles to finish the design.
Here’s a closer look:
I think this mermaid is one of the cutest images I have ever seen! So many possibilities using this set. This will also be perfect to use on a mermaid-themed birthday card!
Here’s another simple card that I made using the stamp set:
I masked my card stock using painter’s tape and used a Waves stencil with the make-up brushes to create the waves on the background. I also used some stitched border dies to create the arrows and wonky stitched lines.
The Rabbit Hole Designs Blog
Maria Russell (you are here)
Martha Lucia Gomez
For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places.