It is the third day of the May reveals by Newton’s Nook Designs. I hope you were able to check out Monday and Tuesday’s reveals. You also have a chance to win each stamp set during release week so check out the details I have indicated at the end of this blog post. [Just a little important note: I know some of you had difficulties finding the comments section. If you would like to leave a comment to participate in the giveaway, the “comments section” will only be ever visible when a single post on Word Press is being viewed. Please click on this particular blog post and you will be able to leave a comment below. Thank you!]
For our projects today, the design team is showcasing the Newton Cleans Up stamp set and coordinating dies. For my card today, I also used the Christmas Cuddles stamp set and the Fabulous Frenchies stamp set.
As soon as I saw this stamp set, I knew I wanted to create a colorful background and layer the cascading stars with some Moonstone Glimmer paste.
How I made it:
- stamp the images on Neenah solar white card stock and color the images in with alcohol markers. Die-cut the images using the coordinating die.
- stamp (and color) the presents images from the Newton Christmas Cuddles stamp set and the balloons from the Fabulous Frenchies stamp set and die-cut them using the coordinating dies.
- on a piece of some A2 size Bristol smooth white card stock, use some distress oxide inks and mini ink blending tools to color the background. cut about 1/4 inch off this piece.
- use the distress sprayer to spritz some water on the colored background and pick it up with some dry paper towel.
- use the cascading stars stencil and some Moonstone glimmer paste to add some glittery stars on the background. Set this aside to dry for about half an hour.
- die-cut a piece of some black card stock and use the smallest die from the Framework die set.
- stamp and sentiment with versamark-ink, sprinkle it with some white embossing powder and heat-set using the heating tool.
- adhere the colored background on an A2 size card base. Adhere strips of black and white patterned paper on the side with some black strip of card stock.
- adhere the rest of the images on the card with some liquid glue and foam adhesive.
- finish the design by adding glossy accents to the balloons and white dots using some white gel pen.
Here’s a closer look:
I absolutely love the colorful background and the stamp set is so cute, it can be used for any occasion!
Would you like to win the “Newton Cleans Up” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, May 16th at 9pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, May 17th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter: