I am a bit bummed because it is the last day of the March reveals by Newton’s Nook Designs. Were you able to check out the first three days of the reveal? Which one is your favorite so far? You have a chance to win each stamp set during release week so check out the details I have indicated at the end of this blog post. [Just a little important note: I know some of you had difficulties finding the comments section. If you would like to leave a comment to participate in the giveaway, the “comments section” will only be ever visible when a single post on Word Press is being viewed. Please click on this particular blog post and you will be able to leave a comment below. Thank you!]
For the last day of the reveals, the design team is showcasing the Garden Mice stamp set and coordinating dies. I think this is my favorite! Here’s what they look like:
For my card below, I also used the Bokeh stencil set. This card is really simple but I LOVE how this one turned out.
Here’s how I made my card:
- stamp and color the image with Copic markers (or any coloring medium of your choice)
- die-cut the image using the coordinating dies.
- cover a piece of some Bristol smooth white card stock with some painter’s tape. (This card stock measured 3 1/4 x 5 1/2).
- use the Bokeh Stencil Set to ink up the card stock. I used Fossilized Amber distress oxide ink with my mini-ink blending tool.
- use some stitched and arrow border dies to create the impression on the colored background.
- adhere this piece on some A2 size side-folding card base.
- adhere some black and white patterned paper on the side.
- adhere the mouse on the card using some foam adhesive.
- stamp the sentiment with Versafine onyx black ink.
Here’s a closer look:
I finished my design by adding some white dots using my Sakura white gel pen. Here’s one last look:
That is all for this week! I hope you guys LOVE the projects that we’ve made for you using the new stamps, dies and stencils by Newton’s Nook Designs.
Would you like to win the “Garden Mice” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday March 14th at 9pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, March 15th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter: