It is that time of the month where the entire design team get so excited to show off the new stamps, dies and stencils by Newton’s Nook Designs. You also have a chance to win a stamp set for each reveal day so please read through til the end of the blog post to find out more info. [Just a little important note: I know some of you had difficulties finding the comments section. If you would like to leave a comment to participate in the giveaway, the “comments section” will only be ever visible when a single post on Word Press is being viewed. Please click on this particular blog post and you will be able to leave a comment below. Thank you!]
For the first day of the reveals, we are showcasing the following products:
For my first project, here’s how I made the card:
- stamp the images on smooth white card stock and die-cut using the coordinating dies.
- stamp the balloon from the Fabulous Frenchies stamp set and die-cut with the coordinating die.
- Ink up an A2 size piece of Bristol smooth white card stock with distress oxide inks.
- die-cut the grass with green patterned paper using the grass die from the Land Border Die set by Newton’s Nook.
- Die-cut the “HAPPY” with some white card stock using the Essential Alphabets die set. Color the pieces using Copic markers.
- stamp the “It’s Your Day” sentiment on the grass from the Birthday essentials stamp set.
- assemble the card.
To finish my design, I put glossy accents on the birthday balloon and added a heart enamel on the cat with Nuvo liquid adhesive. Here’s a closer look:
I really LOVE the Newton’s Birthday Trio die! It cuts all the inside pieces between the cats and the speech bubbles. Here’s another look:
For my second project, I used the Paw-some birthday stamp set and coordinating dies, with the Essential Alphabet die-set.
Here’s how I made this card:
- stamp and color the image from the Paw-some Birthday stamp set with Copic markers (or any coloring medium of your choice).
- die-cut the image using the Paw-some Birthday die.
- die-cut the “BIRTHDAY” letters using the Essential Alphabet die set.
- cut some strips from patterned paper.
- assemble the card.
Here’s a closer look:
I LOVE that Newton’s Nook Designs make their dies to cut the spaces between the images. This one cuts out the spaces between the dog and the presents. I also LOVE that the dies are pretty inexpensive. I think this is another must-have!
Would you like to win the “Newton’s Birthday Trio” or the “Paw-some Birthday” Stamp Set? We will choose ONE lucky winner for each stamp set!
Here’s how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday March 14th at 9pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, March 15th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter: