It is that time of the year where the design team is hopping along to share some great sweet treat projects for our loved ones, just in time for Valentine’s Day. Make sure you scroll down at the end of the blog post to see the whole list and hop along and leave a comment for a chance to win! We are giving away TWO prizes!
Here’s the HOW-to:
- Die-cut the patterned paper using the Mini Treat Bag thinlits dies.
- Assemble the treat bag using tape runner, liquid glue or scor-tape.
- Stamp the image on Neenah solar white card stock with Copic-friendly ink.
- Color images with Copic markers (or any coloring medium of your choice)
- Die-cut the image using the coordinating dies.
To create the tag:
- Die cut the tag twice using the Fancy Edges Tag Die set on patterned paper.
- Use the fishtail border die included in the set to create the fishtail banner.
- Use the scallop border die also included in the set to cut the edge on the other patterned paper.
- Adhere the scallop edge die-cut on top of the tag.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Love and Chocolate stamp set with Versamark ink. Make sure you leave enough space for the image to be adhered after heat-embossing.
- Sprinkle white embossing powder onto the stamped sentiment and heat-set with heating tool.
- Adhere the image on the tag.
- Add some white heart sprinkles to the tag.
- Use a cute binder clip to attach the tag to the treat bag.
- Add a bow using baker’s twine.
- Add your little treats inside the bag.
Here is my finished project:
I love that the treat bag is big enough to fit a few candy bars inside. This treat bag will be inside my husband’s lunch box on Valentine’s day. Here’s a closer look:
To be honest, I can’t even pick a favorite Newton set because each and every Newton-themed stamp set is unique in its own way. This Newton’s Sweetheart stamp set is not only perfect for Valentine’s Day but you can also just use it for any occasion. Here’s another look:
I hope you like my project today. Would you like to win a $20 store credit to the Newton’s Nook Designs online shop?
We are giving them out to TWO lucky winners!
Here’s how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Monday, February 4th at 9pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Tuesday, February 5th.