It is the third day of the January reveals by Newton’s Nook Designs and today we are showcasing the Deer Friend stamp set and coordinating dies. [Just a little important note: I know some of you had difficulties finding the comments section. If you would like to leave a comment to participate in the giveaway, the “comments section” will only be ever visible when a single post on Word Press is being viewed. Please click on this particular blog post and you will be able to leave a comment below. Thank you for understanding and I apologize for the confusion.]
I stamped all of the images on Neenah Solar White card stock and colored them in with my Copic markers. I die-cut the images using the coordinating dies. I wanted to showcase the deer by creating a shadow box card. This card can be folded flat and inserted in an envelope for mailing. I followed a shadowbox tutorial on pinterest. here’s what you need:
- Cut two pieces of card stock measuring 4 1/4 X 6 3/4, and score 1 1/4 from each long edge.
- Die-cut a square window from the center of one of the panels (this is your front piece). You will later on connect both panels to create your shadow box.
- Cut a 4 1/4 square panel of patterned paper and adhere to the center of the second card panel (this is your back piece). (You can do your stamping here before you assemble the box).
- Cut two pieces of green card stock. One is measuring 1 1/4 x 5 and the other is measuring 1 x 5 and score from each long edge at 3/8″
- I used the Newton’s Nook Grass Border die to die-cut the green panels.
- Adhere some score tape on each scored panels.
- Fold the ground panels flat, flush to the card’s bottom edge. Fold right side flat over them to adhere.
- Attach the images you need to decorate your shadow box.
- Fold box flat and adhere right side flaps to close the card.
Here are some step-by-step photos:
Here is the card:
You can also use acetate sheets to suspend some images inside your shadow box (i.e., birds, clouds, etc.) I hope you got inspired today to create your own shadow box.
Would you like to win the “Deer Friend” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday January 18th at 9pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 19th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter: